1. This website is owned by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd):
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh is a registered charity with charity number SC005317 and a Royal Charter company with company number RC000466.
2. This website is powered by Shopify.
Jaded Pixel Technologies Inc.,
61a York St.,
3. RCSEd is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received to process your order. We are on the Data Protection Register with registration number Z5731683 and our entry may be viewed on the register held by the Information Commissioner’s Office at http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/search.asp
4. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information Shopify collects about you on behalf of RCSEd and how Shopify and RCSEd may use this information. Your use of the RCSEd Shop website is governed by our Terms and Conditions.
5. RCSEd retains all rights to customer data and Shopify will never contact you directly, or use your data for their own business advantage.
6. If you register for a Shopify customer account with this website, the information you provide us will be used to allow you to log into and use the advanced features of our website.
7. Shopify collects the Personal Information that you provide through the RCSEd Shop site as part of the order process. Personal Information includes your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and credit card number. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
8. Shopify will disclose your Personal Information to their payment processor Authorize.Net and any other third party who needs to know your Personal Information so that your order can be processed.
9. RCSEd uses Personal Information to process and fulfill your order. Shopify will share some of your Personal Information with RCSEd when you make a Shop purchase, but will not share your credit card information with RCSEd.
10. Please be aware that in the event that RCSEd need to contact customers requesting confirmation of account details, we will only do so by telephone. We will never send you an email asking for personal information or asking you to validate your log-in details. You should never reply to an email or access a link to our website sent to you by email which appears to be sent by us or on our behalf. If you are sent such an email, you should not enter any security details, particularly your password or card details. If we do contact you by telephone because there is a difficulty with your card or with processing a refund, we will never ask for your password.
11. Shopify and RCSEd Shop may also disclose your Personal Information to prevent an emergency, to prevent harm to others, to respond to legal requirements, to protect or enforce its rights, to protect or enforce the rights of a third party, or as required or permitted by law (including, without limitation, to comply with a subpoena or court order).
12. Unless you tell us otherwise, we may use your personal information to update you about new products from RCSEd Shop. You may opt-out of this at any time by following the instructions in the marketing communication that you receive, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may choose not to allow us to use your information like this in the first place by checking the appropriate box when first giving Shopify your information.
13. Shopify also collects non-personal information from you, such as your browser type, and your Internet protocol (IP) Address ("Non-Personal Information"). Non-Personal Information cannot be easily used to personally identify you. Shopify uses Non-Personal Information to track, evaluate, and improve the use of its store services.
14. If you give us your permission to do so, we may from time to time sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, including outside the European Economic Area. We may also pass your information to any of our subsidiary or related companies.
15. RCSEd may disclose your details to prospective or actual purchasers of part or the whole of our business or our company (or their professional advisors). We may also disclose your details to our professional advisors for other purposes connected with the operation of our business.
16. RCSEd follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
17. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it.
19. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by sending us an email and are entitled to receive a copy of the information we hold in exchange for payment of the required fee. Please contact us at the above address for further details or to make a request.
20. We may use your information for market research and statistical analysis, and may use reputable partners, suppliers or agencies to process your personal information on our behalf. Where we do so, strict instructions will be given on the processing of data and security.
22. If you have questions about Shopify’s privacy practices, or would like to review, change, or delete your Personal Information from Shopify’s database, please contact Shopify at email@example.com or by mail at: Jaded Pixel Technologies Inc., 61a York St., Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 5T2 Canada.
23. You may opt out of certain services or correct, update, or remove Personal Information that RCSEd has about you through any of the means listed below. Please be sure to include the following information in your correspondence:
Your e-mail address
Your first and last name
Your mailing address (street, city, state, post code, and country)
Call us at:
+44 (0)131 527 1698
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (GMT).
Send a fax to: +44 (0)131 557 6406
Write to us at:
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Please allow up to six (6) weeks for mailed-in or faxed opt-out requests to be processed.